Acidic foods should not be stored in metallic containers made out of materials such as iron and copper. Why?
Asked by Jerlin George | 11th Apr, 2015, 04:20: PM
Acidic foods such as pickles contains naturally generated acids such as citric acid or acetic acid. If they are stored in metal containers made up of iron or copper, the acids can react with the metal and some health hazardous compounds might get formed.
Hence, acidic foods shoul not be stored in metallic containers.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 12th Apr, 2015, 07:41: PM
- . 2g of ferrous sulphate crystals are heated in a dry boiling tube. (i) List any two observations. (ii) Name the type of chemical reaction taking place. (iii) ‘Write the chemical equation for the reaction
- formula of calcium carbonate
- combination reaction
- Why water is added to CaO slowly? Why we do not mix whole CaO into the water bucket?
- What is electrolysis. Explain its procedure and usages.
- wht is decomposition reaction
- How can we classify equations into endothermic and exothermic reactions just by looking at it?
- Q. 1 A solution of substance X is used for white-washing . (i) Name the substance X and write it's formula. (ii) Write the reaction of substance X with water.
- Is Digestion a Decomposition Reaction?
- In electrolysis of water ,the water coloum at anode looks more higher in spite of having less volume of oxygen gas than cathode having double volume of hydrogen gas ,Is there any reason or it is an error of NCERT text book
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number