ACETIC ACID GIVES POSTIVE IDO-FORM TEST?
Asked by | 22nd Feb, 2008, 01:10: PM
Acetic acid gives positive iodoform test as it has alpha carbon adjacent to C to O double bond. It will form CI3C-CHO with iodine and NaOH which than gives CHI3 as yellow ppt.
Answered by | 7th Dec, 2017, 06:55: PM
- Conversions from a-g
- how do we convert esters to aldehyd
- how is the cabonyl group of aldehyde/ketone affected in the presence of electron donating group like metyl in cyanohydrin reaction?
- an organic compound a with molecular formula c6h6o react with zinc dust to give a hydrocarbon B which upon reaction with CH3Cl in the presence of anhydrous AlCl3 gives C.compound C on oxidation with alkaline KMnO4 gives compound D Compound A on further reaction with NH3 in the presence of anhydrous ZnCl2 gives E identify compound A B C D E and also justify your answer
- Please solve this question
- Pl ans
- Oxidation of ortho nitrotoluene with agent Cro2cl2
- What happens when acetaldehyde reacts with (1) semicarbazide (2) HCN (3) I2/NaOH (4) NaHSo3 (5) Dil. NaoH (6) phenyl hydrazine
- How acetaldehyde prepared from (1) CH3COCl(acetyl chloride) (2) (CH3COO)2Ca (calcium acetate)
- Please answer it
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number