account for the following
Asked by | 28th Feb, 2008, 10:38: PM
o-nitrophenol is more acidic then p-nitrophenol
the distance of the electron withdrawing group is more in para-nitrophenol so the release of a proton will be less as compared to o-nitro phenol.
Answered by | 20th Dec, 2017, 04:44: PM
- C6H6O + CO2 + NaOH --
- Pl ans sir ...
- How phenol is used in the manufacture of drugs like aspirin?
- Which one among alcohols and phenols are more acidic and why?
- State the general uses of phenol.
- Write a short note on Reimer Tiemann reaction.
- What happens when phenol is heated with phthalic anhydride in presence of conc. H2SO4?
- How can you get p-cresol from Phenol?
- How are azo-dyes obtained?
- What happens if sulphonation of phenol is carried out at a high temperature?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number