according mendeleef's periodic law:-
what is the meaning of -
"the physical and chemical properties of elements are- periodic functions of their - atomic wieght."
Asked by BHAVANA BHAT | 14th Jul, 2014, 10:20: PM
According to Mendeleef's periodic law, "The physical and chemical properties of elements are periodic functions of their atomic weight" because,
Mendeleev classified the then known 56 elements on the basis of their physical and chemical properties in the increasing order of the atomic masses, in the form of a table. Mendeleev had observed that properties of the elements orderly recur in a cyclic fashion. He found that the elements with similar properties recur at regular intervals when the elements are arranged in the order of their increasing atomic masses. He concluded that 'the physical and chemical properties of the elements are periodic functions of their atomic masses'.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 15th Jul, 2014, 10:33: AM
- What is the shorting of Newland Periodic Table
- what are limitations for newlands law of octaves
- Drawback of newlands law of octave
- On the basic of Newlands law ofclassification of elements the properties of sodium and potassium are similar because potassium is the _____ element starting from sodium
- What is Dobereiner's law of traid
- What do you know about the occurrence of elements and their classification?
- Tell me first 30 atom in periodic tabel
- How to remember the periodic table for the first 30 elements of the periodic table
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number