ABCD is a trapezium in which AB||CD and AB=2CD.If its diagonals intersect each other at O, find ratio of areas of triangle AOB and triangle COD.
Asked by Barman.rachna | 27th Jun, 2019, 11:46: AM
Given that AB || CD and AB = 2CD
angle OAB = angle OCD alternate angles
angle OBA = angle ODC alternate angles
ΔAOB ~ ΔCOD AA similarity criterion
ar(ΔAOB)/ar(ΔCOD) = (AB/CD)2 = (2/1)2 = 4/1 i.e. 4:1.
Answered by Sneha shidid | 28th Jun, 2019, 09:54: AM
- Q-a diagonal divides a parallelogram into 2 congruent triangles.prove Doubt-in ncert it is done by only ASA .Can we do it by any other method like SAS OR SSS?And if not why?
- What was and ASA congurrence rule
- 11. In ∆𝐴𝐵𝐶, CP and BQ are equal altitudes to sides AB and AC respectively. Show that ∆𝐴𝐵𝑄 ≅ ∆𝐴𝐶P
- In a triangle PQR if PQ=QR and L, M AND N are the mid points of the sides PQ QR and RP respectively prove that LN=MN
- answer to all the following questions
- Prove that the medians of an equilateral triangle are equal.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number