A wire of uniform cross -section and length l has a resistance of 4ohm . The wire is cut into 4 equal pieces. Each piece is then stretched to length 'l'.Thereafter the 4 wires are joined in parallel. Calculate the net resistance.
Asked by mkvinvestments6 | 20th Jul, 2015, 09:30: PM
Resistance of a material depends upon the nature of material, length of the wire and the area of cross section.
Let the resistivity of the material be ,length of the wire be l and the area of cross section be A.
Now the wire is cut into four equal pieces and stretched to the initial length l.
When we stretch it the new length of the wire will be the same of each piece but the area will get reduced to one-fourth.
Now connect the four pieces in parallel, the equivalent resistance will be,
Thus, the net resistance will be the same.
Answered by Faiza Lambe | 21st Jul, 2015, 08:04: AM
- A wire of length 22.5 cm and resistance was 20 © and the diameter was 0. 3mm then what is the resistivity of the material .
- formula of equivalent resistance in parallel and series'
- what is formula for Resistance in series and parallel
- Judge the equivalent resistance when the following are connected in parallel - (a) 1 Ω and 106Ω, (b) 1Ω and 103Ω and 106Ω. can you please answer this question fast.
- Please answer this question
- Find the equivalent resistance between AB AC and AD
- Q. Find the current drawn from the battery by the network of 4 resistors shown in the diagram. Kindly Refer the file uploaded for diagram.
- please tell how to solve
- what is effective resisitance and how can we find it
- how to calculate the resistance if the resistors are inclined between parallel wires
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number