(a) Why physical properties and chemical properties of an element are periodic function of their atomic numbers?
(b) How does Modern Periodic Law justifies one position for isotopes?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 24th Jul, 2017, 04:17: PM
(a) Physical and chemical properties of elements are determined by their atomic numbers which is equal to the number of electrons.
By using the number of electrons, we can find out the number of valence electrons and hence the physical and chemical properties.
(b) According to Modern Periodic Law, elements are arranged in the Modern Periodic Table in the increasing order of their atomic numbers. Isotopes have the same atomic number and different atomic mass. So, though they have different atomic masses still they are given the same position in the Modern Periodic Table.
Answered by | 24th Jul, 2017, 06:17: PM
- How are the properties of aluminium similar to boron?
- If an element X is placed in group 14, what will be the nature of bond in its chloride? Write the chemical formula of the compound formed.
- Please write all the trends in groups and periods of periodic table with reasons (each reason should be atleast of 3 -4 lines)
- Plz give and of Qsno 7 of periodic classification of elements from the inportimp question provided
- Explain giving justification the trends in the following properties of elements, on moving from left to right in a period, in the Modern periodic Table. (a) Variation of valency. (b) Change of atomic radius. (c) Metallic to non-metallic character. (d) Electronegative character. (e) Nature of oxides.
- What are the similarities between Mendeleev's periodic table modern periodic tablr
- the neutron was discovered in 1932 then how mendeleev calculated atomic mass
- Which period of modern periodic table is told to be incomplete and why
- Please solve this really difficult question for me .
- What is noble gas?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number