(a) Why Mendel chose pea plant for his experiments? Mention any two reasons.
(b) Will experiences of a person during his life time be passed to the next generation?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 25th Nov, 2013, 11:06: PM
(a)Mendel chose the pea plant because:
i. Pea plant completes its life cycle in a very short interval of time.
ii. Pea plant has several distinct and contrasting characters that can be easily studied.
(b) No, experiences of a person will not be transferred to the next generation because it is an acquired trait.
Answered by | 26th Nov, 2013, 01:06: AM
- What is deocydeoxyribonu?
- Why males are called heterogametic?
- wat is heredity
- What do you mean by heridity
- sir/mam would you help me to find out the difference between a genotypic ratio and phenotypic ratio?
- I want to know how to self pollinate and cross pollinate the plants(genes) in mendels experiment? what type of pollination did mendel do in his experiment i.e. in F1 and F2 generation?
- what are the functions of chromosomes???????????.....
- The science dealing with biotechnology is called ?
- When is a recessive trait capable of expressing itself? Write the expression using contasting trait of height in plants.(5 marks)
- Differentiate between acquired trait and inherited trait
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number