A white powder is added while baking breads and cakes to make them soft and fluffy. What is the name of the powder? What are the main ingredients in it? What are the functions of each ingredient?
Asked by adalroshan2464 | 11th May, 2019, 10:47: AM
The name of the powder is baking powder.
Its main ingredients are baking soda and tartaric acid.
Baking soda is also called sodium carbonate. Sodium bicarbonate reacts with hydrogen ion from acid and releases CO2 that makes the cake soft and fluffy.
Tartaric add is used to avoid the bitter taste
NaHCO3 + H+ → Na+ + CO2 + H2O .
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 11th May, 2019, 08:17: PM
- What do you mean by crystalline nature of salts?
- what is hardness of water
- What happens when after adding water to quicklime it is applied on the walls ?
- what is a quicklime?
- is the common salt used in our homes purely sodium chloride or does it contain any impurities?
- Sir! How hydration enthalpy is responsible for the reducing nature..? Please explain..
- properties of baking soda
- What is the colour of ferrous sulphate
- A solution of substance 'x' is used for white washing. Name the substance 'x' and write it's formula? Write the equation of substance 'x' named in above with water?
- In early times, quick lime was used for white-wash. Nowadays, use of paint has become very common. Do you think it is better in all respects or you think it is not?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number