(a) What is fertilization?
(b) Distinguish between external and internal fertilization.
(c) What is the site of fertilization in human beings?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 25th Jul, 2017, 01:52: PM
(a) The process of fusion of male gamete (sperm) with the female gamete (egg) to produce zygote is called fertilization.
The fusion of male gamete with the female gamete outside the body of female is called external fertilization. Example- fish, frog, etc.
The fusion of male gamete with the female gamete inside the body of female is called internal fertilization. Example- birds and mammals.
(c ) The site of fertilization in female human beings is the fallopian tube.
Answered by | 25th Jul, 2017, 03:52: PM
- differntiate between vasectomy and tubectomy
- what is sexual reproduction?
- Define implantation
- HOW BABY IS Born
- Define the following terms Gametogenesis Spermatogenesis Oogenesis Ovulation Fertilisation Implantation Embryogenesis Perturition Pregnancy
- what are the important process in sexual peproduction explain on it
- What are "ball of cells"??
- Why do all the gamates formed in human females have an x-chromosome?
- why do all the f gamates formed in human female have an x-chromosomes.
- How does the amount of DNA remain constant through each new generation in a combination of DNA copies of two individuals.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number