A tuning fork gives 3 beats per second with sonometer wire when its length is either 49.8 cm of 50.2 cm. Find the frequency of tuning fork.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Let v, v1 and v2 be the frequencies of tuning fork and sonometer wire when its length is 49.8 cm and 50.2 cm respectively. As frequency of sonometer wire is inversely proportional to length of the sonometer wire, therefore,
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- Define beats. Give the analytical treatment of beats.
- A set of 28 tuning forks is arranged in a series of decreasing frequencies. The first tuning fork is higher ocatve of last tuning fork. When the two consecutive tuning forks are sound together, 4 beats are produced. Find the frequency of first and last tuning fork.
- Two waves of wavelengths 1m and 1.02m produce 13 beats in 2 seconds in air at NTP. Find the velocity of air at NTP.
- What is the difference between interference and beats?
- (i) A tuning fork T produces n beats/sec with another fork S whose frequency is known to be n1. When T is loaded with wax, the beat frequency decreases. What is the frequency of T? (ii) On loading T if the beat frequency increases, what will be the frequency of T?
- (i) What are beats? Name the basic phenomenon due to which beats are produced. (ii) Two sources of sound are producing waves of frequency n1 and n2, where (n1 - n2) is small. Show mathematically that the beat frequency is (n1 - n2).
- In an experiment it was found that a tuning fork and a sonometer gave 5 beats per second, both when the length of the wire was 1 m and 0.05 m. Calculate the frequency of the fork.
- Two open end organ pipes of length 50 cm and 50.5 cm produce 3 beats/sec. Calculate the velocity of sound in air.
- A note produces 7 beats with tuning fork A of frequency 256 Hz and 3 beats with tuning fork B of frequency 266 Hz. Find the frequency of note.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number