A Transuclent white waxy solid A on heating in an inert atmosphere is converted into allotrophic form B allotrope A on reaction with very dilute aquaeous NaOH liberates highly poisonous gas C have a fish rotten smell the substance A reacts with excess of chlorine to form D which hydrolysis to form compund E . Identify A and E also write the reactions involved
Asked by niharikapabba2605 | 7th Aug, 2018, 11:47: AM
Solid A is white phosphorous, P4.
On heating white phosphorous converts into red phosphorous.
White phosphorous on heating with alkali NaOH forms phosphorous sodium hypophosphite and phosphine gas.
Phosphine gas is a colourless and is highly poisonous gas.
P4 + 3NaOH +3H2O → PH3 + 3NaH2PO2
White phosphorus reacts with the excess of chlorine to form phosphorous pentachloride.
P4 + 10Cl2 → 4PCl5
Phosphorous pentachloride is hydrolysed to form POCl3 which on further hydrolysis gives H3PO4.
PCl5 + H2O → POCl3 + 2HCl
POCl3 + H2O → H3PO4 + 3HCl
A = White phosphorus (P4)
B = Red phosphorus
C =Phosphine (PH3)
Answered by Varsha | 7th Aug, 2018, 03:42: PM
- Write balanced chemical equation for the hydrolysis of PCL5 with heavy rain water
- Explain the structure of pcl3 and pcl5.
- write a balnced chemical eqn hypophosphurus acid is added to AgNo3 soln
- how and why are p-oh bonds responsible for bascity? and p-h bonds responsible for reducing character. explain me detaily
- how does free ionizable hydrogen atoms in POH bond oxacids help in basicity?
- Mention the elements of group 15. How is phosphorus different from nitrogen?
- NH3 is soluble in water but PH3 is not soluble. Give reasons.
- Name the allotropes of phosphorus.
- What are the anhydrides of phosphorus acid and phosphoric acid?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number