A train starts from a station P with a uniform acceleration a1, for some distance and then goes with uniform retardation a2 for some more distance to come to rest at the station Q. The distance between the stations P and Q is 4Km and the train takes 4 minutes to complete this journey, then 1/a11/a2=
Asked by Petulla Mishra | 4th Nov, 2015, 10:10: AM
There are two case in given question:
1. When train moves with uniform acceleration
2. When train moves with uniform retardation.
For the 1st case,
Let the train start from a station P with uniform accleration a1, with initial velocity u1 and t1 be the time when it reaches at some distance s1
From kinematic eqution of motion we have,
v1=u1+a1t1 (u1=0 Initialy at rest)
v1=a1t1 .... (i)
For the 2nd case the final velocity of first interval will be intial velocity of second.
Let a2 be uniform retardation, t2 be the time when it travels a distance s2 and comes to rest .
From kinematic equation of motion we have,
v2 = u2 - a2t2 = v1 - a2t2 (v2 = 0 finaly comes at rest)
v1 = a2t2 ... (iii)
Using kinematic equation of motion,
Answered by Faiza Lambe | 4th Nov, 2015, 11:06: AM
- Derive an equation for position -time (S=ut+1/2at^2) relation for an object that travelled a distance 's' in time 't' under uniform acceleration 'a'
- a train is moving with an initial velocity of 30 metre per second the brakes are applied so as to produce a uniform acceleration of -1.5 metre per second square calculate the timeuniforma uniform acceleration
- an object is moving with a velocity 5m/s find the distance travelled in 5sec if the object is accelerating with a uniform acceleratrion of 5 m/s
- A body is thrown vertically upward with velocity u, the greatest height h to which it will rise is
- what is nth second of motion
- A car starts from the rest and accelerates at the rate of 5m/s2. It continue accelerating for 10 s and then move at constant velocity for next 10 s. Calculate the total distance traveled by the car in 20s. (5)
- A car is coasting backwards down a hill at -3.0 m/s when the driver gets the engine started. After 2.5s, the car is moving uphill at a velocity of +4.5 m/s. What is the car's acceleration?
- Problems and solutions on kinematics, Horizontal motion
- Please solve it with method
- Derivation of the three equation s of motion
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number