A student goes from his house to his friend's house with speed v1. Finding the door of his friend's closed,return back to his own house with the speed v2. Then the average speed of the student is
Asked by Anil | 28th May, 2017, 06:28: PM
Let the distance between the student's house and the house of his friend be X.
The speed of the onward journey is v1.
Hence, the time taken to complete this journey is
Now, the return journey is with a speed v2.
Hence, the time taken is
The total distance covered in the journey is X + X = 2X
and the total time is t1 + t2.
Therefore, the average speed is
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 1st Nov, 2017, 11:50: AM
- X = t2 + 2t Find velocity at t = 2 Sec
- the display ment of a body is given to be proportional to the cube of time elapsed . the magnitude of the acceleration of the body is
- A car travels a distance 200m on a straight road in 2 minutes and then returns to the starting point in 4 minutes it's average speed is
- •A jogger runs in a straight line with –an average velocity of 5 m/s for 4 min. –an average velocity of 4 m/s for 3 min. •What is the total displacement? •What is the average velocity during this time?
- what is numerical ratio between velocity and speed
- If a man walk at a speed of 10 km/h, then find the distance traveled by the man in 5 hours?
- the velocity of a particle moving along x axis is given by v=x2 - x, where x is metre and v in m/s what is its position when velocity is minimum
- The distance between mumbai to delhi is 1384. A train starts from Mumbai at 4pm and reaches delhi at 10 am the next day.What is its average speed?
- the motion by body is described by the equation v=at square find the distance travelled by the body in the first 2second
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number