A stone is thrown vertically upward after how much time it will be at height of 5m
Asked by bhoirhimnshu2326 | 26th Jun, 2021, 06:08: AM
When a stone is thrown vertically, time t taken to reach the height h is determined from the equation of motion
h = ( u t ) - [ (1/2) g t2 ]
In the above equation of motion , u is inital speed given to the stone that is not given and g is acceleration due to gravity.
Above equation is quadratic equation in time t .
By knowing the initial speed u , we solve the quadratic equation to get time t
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 26th Jun, 2021, 08:32: AM
- a rocket which is moving with velocity 50m/s. eject out its secondary engine and its start to accelerate with 5m/s². for next 10 seconds while entering into space. than it moves with uniform velocity. calculate this uniform velocity and the distance covered in 27 seconds. after ejection of secondary engine.
- Brake applied to a car produce a uniform retardation of 90m/s .if the car was travelling with a velocity of 27m/s.than what distance will it cover before coming to rest?
- A car is travelling with a speed of 36km/h. The driver applies the brakes and retards the car uniformly. The car is stopped in 5 seconds. Find i) Retardation of the car ii) Distance travelled before it is stopped.
- A particle which is moving in a straight line with constant acceleration describes distances of 10 m and 15 m in two successive seconds. find the acceleration
- a car has uniform acceleration of 8m/s². what distance will it cover in 20 s after starting from rest.?
- a=-0.5 Speed = 90km/h find distance
- An object starting from rest travels 20m in the first 2s and 160m in the next 4s. What will be the velocity after 7s from the start?
- The water drop falls at regular intervals from a tap 9 m above the ground. The fourth drop is leaving the tap at the instant, the first drop touches the ground. How high is the third drop at that instant?
- a stone is allowed to fall from the top of a tower of height 200m and at the same time an another stone is projected vertically upwards from the ground with a velocity of 50 metre per second calculate where and when the two stones will meet. ( take g = 10 metre per second square)
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number