A stone is dropped into a well and its splash is heard at the mouth of the well after an interval of 1.45s. Find the depth of the well. Given that velocity of sound in air at room temparature is 332m/s.
Asked by sujaysarkar84 | 5th Mar, 2015, 09:48: AM
Answered by Faiza Lambe | 5th Mar, 2015, 11:18: AM
- what is reverabation
- Two children are opposite ends of an rod one strikes the end of rod with a stone. Find the ratio of time taken by the sound wave in air and in rod to reach the second child. If the speed of sound in air is 346m/s and in rod 6420m/s
- How sound is stored in a voice recorder whether it is an energy
- name two device which work on the basis of reflection of sound
- Sunil is standing between two walls.the wall closest to him is at a distance of 360 m. if he shouts , he hears the first echo after 4s and another 2 second . What is the veocity of sound in air ? What is the distance between the two walls
- Name few instruments which are based on multiple reflection of sound?
- What is an echo?
- What is reverberation?
- How can we minimize reverberation in community hall to hear clear sound?
- Why ceilings of concert halls and conference halls are made curved?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number