A Stone falls from a high of 10m on hard horizontal surface. if 25% of energy is lose due to impact.how high will it rise?
Asked by kuriakose7600 | 24th Nov, 2015, 06:50: PM
Given that the stone falls from height, h = 10m.
P.E at this height = mgh
On reaching the ground, K.E = mgh
Since, the stone loses 25% of its energy due to impact, K.E due to one impact will be 0.75 mgh.
Let v1 be the initial upward velocity of the stone after impact, we get
Thus, the stone will rise to height of 7.5 m after the first impact.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 25th Nov, 2015, 11:49: AM
- please solve the attached problem
- Can o get more number of conceptual questions???
- plz elaborate by figure and step by step question no 5
- plz elaborate by figure and step by step question no 4
- plz elaborate by figure and step by step question no 2
- If the percentage error of momentum of a body is 100%, find the percentage error of the Kinetic energy of the body ising mass and velocity.
- Calculate the work done in raising a stone of mass 5 kg and specific gravity 3,lying at the bed of a lake through a height of5 km .
- 25th sum
- A block of mass 2.5kg is sliding down a smooth inclined plane. The spring arranged near the bottom of the inclined plane has a force constant 600 N/m. Find the compression in the spring just after the block strikes the spring. Horizontal length=4m Height=3m Inclined length=5m
- An electron of energy10^3 eV is fired normally to the infinite.Conducting plate from 5mm.Calculate the minimum surface charge density on the conducting plate so that electron does not strike the plate .
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number