(a) State Mendel's first law of inheritance.
(b) How the age of fossils is obtained by carbon dating?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 26th Nov, 2013, 12:17: AM
(a) According to Mendel's first law of inheritance the characteristics (or traits) of an organism are determined by internal 'factors' which occur in pairs. Only factor of each pair of such factors can be present in a single gamete.
(b) All the living objects contain some carbon-14 atoms which are radioactive. When a living object dies and forms fossil, its carbon-14 radioactivity goes on decreasing gradually.
In the carbon dating method, the age of fossils is found by comparing the carbon-14 radioactivity left in fossils with the carbon-14 radioactivity present in living objects today.
Answered by | 26th Nov, 2013, 02:17: AM
- How many perfect pair of chromosomes are found in the father of a girl?
- Explain the mechanism of heridity changes.
- What is deocydeoxyribonu?
- Why males are called heterogametic?
- wat is heredity
- What do you mean by heridity
- sir/mam would you help me to find out the difference between a genotypic ratio and phenotypic ratio?
- I want to know how to self pollinate and cross pollinate the plants(genes) in mendels experiment? what type of pollination did mendel do in his experiment i.e. in F1 and F2 generation?
- what are the functions of chromosomes???????????.....
- The science dealing with biotechnology is called ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number