a square loop initially kept away from the region of magnetic field .then it is moved towards the right with a constant velocity and goes out of the field.plot the graph showing the variation of
1)magnetic flux through the loop with time
2)induced emf in the loop with time
Asked by modi72879 | 21st Nov, 2017, 04:51: PM
When the loop is far away from magnetic field, flux is zero. when the loop entering the magnetic field region, flux increases from zero
to a constant value, then remains constant when it is moving in the field region. During exit time, the flux decreases from constant value to zero.
Induced emf is given by
, where ε is induced emf and φ is flux
When the loop is far away, the flux is zero and emf also zero. When the loop entering field region, the change in flux gives induced emf.
At the entrance change in flux is positive, hence induced emf is negative.
when the loop is well inside the field region, since flux remains constant, change in flux is zero, hence emf also zero.
when loop is exiting the field region again change in flux gives induced emf. Here change in flux is negative, hence induced emf is positive.
Answered by | 27th Nov, 2017, 03:42: PM
- The value of magenetic field produced by coduction current and displacement current are equal at the edges ofor capacitor or not?
- Suppose this page is perpendicular to a uniform magnetic field and the magnetic flux through it is 5 wb. If the page is turned by 30 degrees around an edge the flux through it will be: 1. 5.0 wb 2. 4.3 wb 3. 10.0 wb 4. 2.5 wb 5. 5.8 wb
- Why displacement current is induced in a coil by change in magnetic flux produced by another coil in vicinity?
- What is magnetic flux?
- Write an expression for the magnetic flux linked with the surface?
- What is the units of magnetic flux? How are they related? Is magnetic flux a scalar or vector quantity?
- A coil of area 0.5 m² is situated in a uniform field B = 2 Wb/m² and the normal to the plane of the coil makes an angle of 60° with respect to the magnetic field. Find the magnetic flux through the area A.
- A circular coil and a bar magnet placed nearby are made to move in the same direction. If the coil covers a distance of 2 m in 1 sec and the magnet a distance of 4 m in 2 sec. calculate the induced emf produced in the coil.
- Enlist the factor on which the magnetic flux linked with the circuit depends.
- When is the magnetic flux linked with the circuit (a) maximum and (b) minimum?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number