A sprinter of 100 m race, covers 4 m in first second, 30 m in next 4 seconds and 52m in amother 4 seconds and finishes the race in 10 seconds. (i)Calculate the average speed of the sprinter ? (ii) what is the peak value attained by the sprinter ? (iii) during which time interval is the acceleration is the highest ? (iv) Plot the distance time graph and velocity time graph for the race ? (iv) show on the graph the velocity of the sprinter at the end of 5 seconds ?
Asked by Vikas | 6th Jul, 2017, 12:32: PM
(ii) For all the time intervals we need to calculate the initial velocity, acceleration, displacement and the final velocity
s = ut + (1/2)at2 and v = u + at
So, peak velocity attained by the is 19 m/s at the end of the 9th second.
(iii) Acceleration is highest between 5th to 9th second. It is 3 m/s2.
Mark the points from 5 second on the graph and note down the corresponding reading on the velocity scale.
Then, calculate the slope.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 6th Jul, 2017, 06:48: PM
- A ball thrown up vertically returns to the earth after 12 seconds. Find the velocity with which it was thrown up.
- Equation for position time relation
- Two balls are dropped to the ground from different heights. one ball is dropped two second after the other but both hit the ground at the same time if the first ball takes 6 second to reach the ground then what is the initial difference between their heights take g is equal to 10 metre per second square
- a rocket which is moving with velocity 50m/s. eject out its secondary engine and its start to accelerate with 5m/s². for next 10 seconds while entering into space. than it moves with uniform velocity. calculate this uniform velocity and the distance covered in 27 seconds. after ejection of secondary engine.
- Brake applied to a car produce a uniform retardation of 90m/s .if the car was travelling with a velocity of 27m/s.than what distance will it cover before coming to rest?
- A car is travelling with a speed of 36km/h. The driver applies the brakes and retards the car uniformly. The car is stopped in 5 seconds. Find i) Retardation of the car ii) Distance travelled before it is stopped.
- A stone is thrown vertically upward after how much time it will be at height of 5m
- A particle which is moving in a straight line with constant acceleration describes distances of 10 m and 15 m in two successive seconds. find the acceleration
- a car has uniform acceleration of 8m/s². what distance will it cover in 20 s after starting from rest.?
- a=-0.5 Speed = 90km/h find distance
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number