A spherical conducting sphere of inner radius R1 and outer radius R2 has a charge Q.A charge q is placed at the centre of the shell.What is the surface charged density on the(1)inner surface
(2)outer surface of the shell?
What is the expression for the electric field at a point to x>R2 from the centre of the shell?
Asked by Rajeev | 12th May, 2015, 03:28: PM
The total charge enclosed for the inner sphere is 'q'.
Hence, the surface charge density for the inner sphere is
The total charge enclosed for the outer sphere is 'Q+q'.
Hence, the surface charge density for the outer sphere is
The electric field at a point at a distance x from the sphere is given by Gauss' law
by imagining a sphere of radius x.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 12th May, 2015, 04:14: PM
- State Gauss's theorem ? Derive the expression for electric field due Spherical hollow conductor and infinitely charged sheet and linearly charged conductors.
- A simple pendulum is having bob of mass m carrying a charge q and is hanging from ceiling. A uniform electric field E is applied in downward direction then time period of simple pendulum is.
- An electric field E is applied between the plates a and b as shown in the figure a charge particle of mass m and charge q is projected along the direction as shown fig it's velocity v find vertical distance y covered by the partical when goes out of the electric field region
- charges of +5µc+10 μc and -10 µc are placed in air at the corners ab and c of an equilateral triangle abc having each side equal to 5 cm. determine the resultant force on the charge at a.
- three charges of 5micro coloumb are placed at the vertices of equilateral triangle of side 10cm the force on 1micro coulomb of charge at centre of triangle will be
- teach me
- In fig three point charges q,-2q are q are placed along the x axis. Show that the electric field at p along the y axis is E =(1/4×3.14×e knot)×(3qa^2/y^4),when y>>a.
- Fig shows a plastic ball of mass m suspended by a light string in a uniform field of intensity e.the ball comes in equilibrium at an angle thita .if ex and ey are the x component and y component of the electric field, find the charge on the ball and the tension in the string
- eletric field on the axis of charged ring and draw its diagram
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number