A solid right circular cylinder of radius 8 cm and height 3 cm is melted to make a cone of height 3 times that of cylinder. Find the curved surface area of the cone. (use = 12)
Asked by Topperlearning User | 9th Apr, 2014, 01:11: PM
Height of cone = 3 times height of cylinder
= 3 3 = 9 cm
Volume of cylinder = volume of cone
r2 = 8 8
r = 8 cm
l2 = h2 + r2
= (9)2 + (8)2
l = = 12 cm
C.S.A (cone) =
= 301.71 cm2
Answered by | 9th Apr, 2014, 03:11: PM
- i need 5 question based on cube volume
- find the volume of circuler cone with 1. radius6cm ,height7cm
- if slant height of a cone is changed by 10% while radius remains unchanged then the volume changes by
- If the radius of the base and altitude of a right circular cylinder and a right circular cone are equal. What is the relation between the volumes of a cylinder to that of a cone?
- If the radius of the cone is doubled, what will be the effect on its volume?
- An isosceles triangle with a base of 0.4 m and an altitude of 0.3 m is revolved about a line through the vertex and perpendicular to the base. What is the volume of the solid generated by the revolving triangle?
- The circumference of the base of the cone of height 12 cm is 22 cm. Calculate its volume.
- The area of the base of a conical toy of height 9 cm is 616 cm2. Calculate its volume.
- The volume of a right circular cone of base area 13.86 cm2 is 55.44 cm3. Calculate its height.
- A tent is in the form of a cylinder surmounted by a cone of radius 12 m. The height of the conical portion is 7 m, which is equal to the height of the cylindrical portion of the tent. Calculate the volume of the tent.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number