A simple pendulum is having bob of mass m carrying a charge q and is hanging from ceiling. A uniform electric field E is applied in downward direction then time period of simple pendulum is.
Asked by ruchiaggarwal083 | 12th May, 2021, 08:47: AM
Period of simple pendulam in absence of electric field is given as
where l is length of simple pendulam and g is acceleration due to gravity.
When the electric field is present , in addition to gravitational force ,
we have force (qE ) due to electric field in the same direction of gravitational force.
Hence downward acceleration due to this electric field is force / mass = [ ( qE ) / m ]
where q is the charge on the bob of pendulam , E is electric field intensity and m is mass of pendulam
Hence change in period T of simple pendulam is given as
Force F between two charges of equal magnitude q is given as
Since force F is directly proportional to square of charge magniude,
charge magnitude has to be made as 2q to get force 4F .
Hence increase in charge = q
From eqn.(1), we get q as
if e is charge on electron, number of electrons n is to be added is determined as
Hence we get ,
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 12th May, 2021, 02:19: PM
- State Gauss's theorem ? Derive the expression for electric field due Spherical hollow conductor and infinitely charged sheet and linearly charged conductors.
- An electric field E is applied between the plates a and b as shown in the figure a charge particle of mass m and charge q is projected along the direction as shown fig it's velocity v find vertical distance y covered by the partical when goes out of the electric field region
- charges of +5µc+10 μc and -10 µc are placed in air at the corners ab and c of an equilateral triangle abc having each side equal to 5 cm. determine the resultant force on the charge at a.
- three charges of 5micro coloumb are placed at the vertices of equilateral triangle of side 10cm the force on 1micro coulomb of charge at centre of triangle will be
- teach me
- In fig three point charges q,-2q are q are placed along the x axis. Show that the electric field at p along the y axis is E =(1/4×3.14×e knot)×(3qa^2/y^4),when y>>a.
- Fig shows a plastic ball of mass m suspended by a light string in a uniform field of intensity e.the ball comes in equilibrium at an angle thita .if ex and ey are the x component and y component of the electric field, find the charge on the ball and the tension in the string
- eletric field on the axis of charged ring and draw its diagram
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number