A rocket is fired upwards from earth's surface such that it creates an acceleration of 20 m/sec ^2 .
If after 5 sec its engine is switched off, the maximum height of the rocket from earth's surface will be ?
Asked by Balbir | 14th May, 2016, 04:40: PM
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 27th Nov, 2017, 03:22: PM
- Formula to find distance travelled by an uniformly accelerated body is
- The distance x covered by a body moving in a straight line in time t is given by the relation- 2x²+3x=t If v is the velocity of body at a certain instance of time, find it's acceleration.
- eg. v = 2x ; assume t = 0 ; x = 2 m ; find a(t)?
- Define instantaneous acceleration.
- The velocity of the particle is given by v = 4t2 + 7 cm/s. Find the velocity of the particle during the time interval t1 = 2s and t2 = 4s also find the average acceleration during the same interval of time.
- The displacement of a particle along x-axis is given by x = 4 + 6t + 5t2. Obtain its velocity and acceleration at t = 2s.
- What does the slope of a line on velocity-time graph reveals about the acceleration of the object?
- Give any three information about the motion of an object with help of given figure.
- What does this graph indicate about the motion of an object?
- A particle starts with an initial velocity 2 m/s along the positive x direction and it accelerates uniformly at the rate 1m/s2. Find the following: (a) Distance traveled by it in the first two seconds (b) How much time it take to reach the velocity of 5 m/s (c) How much distance will it cover in reaching the velocity 5 m/s
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number