A rectangular pool 20 meter wide and 60 meter long is surrounded by a walkway of uniform width. If the total area of the walkway is 516 square meter, how wide, in meter, is the walkway?
Asked by rushabhjain.av | 7th Feb, 2019, 03:48: PM
Let x be the width of the walkway.
The dimensions of teh rectangle formed by the pool and walkway are (60 + 2x) and (20 + 2x)
Area of rectangle formed by pool and walkway = 1200 + 516 = 1716 m2
(60 + 2x)(20 + 2x) = 1716
Solving this we get x = 3 m as x cann not be negative.
Answered by Sneha shidid | 8th Feb, 2019, 09:42: AM
- Ruhi’s mother is 26 years older than her. The product of their ages (in years) 3 years from now will be 360. Form a Quadratic equation so as to find Ruhi’s age
- If I had walked 1 km/hr faster, I would have taken 15 minutes less to walk 3 km. Find the rate at which I was walking.
- The angry arjun carried some arrows for fighting with bheeshm with half the arrows he cut down the arrows thrown by bheeshm on him.And with six other arrows he killed the rath driver of bheeshm with arroweach he respectively knocked down the rath,flag,bow of bheeshm.finally with one more than 4 times square root of arrows he laid bheeshm unconscious on arrow bed.find the total no arrows.
- Guru was born in 1809 ad.in year x2 ad he. was ( x -3) years old find the value of x
- A fast train takes 3 hours less than a slow train for a journey of 600 km. If the speed of slow train is 10 km / hr less than that of the fast train, find the speeds of the two trains.
- a boat which has a speed of 75km/hr, goes upstream along the wind and returns to tje starting point.the speed of the stream and the wind is 4km/hr and 9km/hr respectively.if the total distance 90 km is covered by the boatin 8 hour,then find the time taken to travel upstream
- Tell me way to solve tap questions and boat question
- A plane left 30 minutes late than its scheduled time and in order to reach the destination 1500 km away in time, it had to increase its speed by 100 km/h from the usual speed. Find its usual speed.
- A passenger train takes 3 hours less for a journey of 360 km if it's speed is increased by 10 km/hr from its usual speed. Find the usual speed?
- find two consecutive odd natural number sum of whose square is 130
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number