a piece of woood of relative density o.25 floats in a pan containing oil of 0.81 ..what is the fraction of volume of wood above the surface of oil?....

Asked by aditya95 | 24th Feb, 2011, 04:48: PM

Expert Answer:

Dear student,
If v is the volume of wood in oil and V is the volume of wood,
Weight of oil displaced = weight of wood
1- density of wood/density of oil = 1-(0.25/0.81) = 0.69
Hope this helps.
Thanking you

Answered by  | 1st Mar, 2011, 10:30: AM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.