a piece of ice of mass 60 g is dropped into 140 g of water at 50°C.calculate the final temperature of water when all has melted .(assume no heat is lost to the surroundings)
specificheat capacity of water is equals to 4.2 j/g K
specific latent heat of fusion of ice is equals to 336 j/g
Asked by devichandramouli | 15th Mar, 2020, 03:07: PM
Click on the link given below for the answer-
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 15th Mar, 2020, 08:07: PM
- How does heat flow from one object to another
- What will happen if we put a 45 C iron rod in 45 C water
- Why is gap left between rails on railway tracks
- A brass tumbler feels much cooler than wooden tray on a chilly day
- Stainless steel pans are usually provided with copper bottoms. Why?
- (i) One end of a wooden spoon is dipped in a cup of ice cream. What change will be observed at its other end?(ii) Why do we use handle of wood in frying pan?
- (i) An iron ball at 40oC is dropped in a mug containing water at 40oC. What will be the passage of flow of heat in the system. Explain.(ii) How the heat flows in a body having one end cool and other at high temperature?
- When a pan is removed from the fire, it slowly cools down. Why does it cool down?
- Classify the following as bad or good conductor of heat: Iron, air, aluminium, water
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number