A passenger in a train with speed 72 km/h observed another train coming from the opposite direction with speed 32.4 km/h. What's the length of the second train if it crosses the passenger in 10s?
Asked by Technochemics | 2nd Nov, 2020, 04:47: PM
Let an Observer is in a train that moves with speed 72 km/hr.
If this observer observe a train in opposite direction that moves with actual speed u km/hr ( not as oberved by observer ),
then speed of this train as observed by the oberver is ( 72 + u ) km/hr .
Since speed observed by observer is 32.4 km/hr , which is less than observer train's speed ,
observed train in opposite direction is moving in same direction as the direction of observer's train.
Hence when observer's train crosses the train in opposite direction ,
relative velocity between two train is 32.4 km/hr = 32.4 × (5/18) = 9 m/s
if time taken for train is 10 s for crossing the passenger (or observer ) , length of train = 9 × 10 = 90 m
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 2nd Nov, 2020, 08:00: PM
- Derive an expression for average velocity and instantaneous velocity for the motion of an object in x-y plane.
- Particles moves a certain distance In a staright line as follows first 1/4th at V° next 1/2th at 2v2 last 1/4 th at v0 find avg speed
- from A to B speed is v⁰. From B to C during first half speed is v1 and during last half speed is v2 . Find Average Speed From A to C
- a particle has initial velocity of 9 m/s^2 and retardation of 2m/s^2.find the distance travelled in 5 th second
- the speed necessary to go into orbit around the earth is 8km/h.it is also necessary to travel about 200 km in order to get out of the atmosphere suppose a rocket can reach their speed after travelling 200 km under constant acceleration what could be the acceleration
- The numerical ratio of displacement to distance is
- a body travels from A to B at 40m/s and from B to A at 60m/s. calculate the average speed and average velocity of the object.
- A man takes 40 seconds to complete one circle .radius of the circle is 10metre. Find the displacement after 20 seconds?
- What is a frame of referen5
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number