A particle A of charge q placed near a uniformly charged infinite plane sheet with surface charge density sigma experiences a force f1, When this particle is placed near an infinite metal plate with surface charge density sigma , it experiences a force f2 .Then what is f1/f2 equal to?
Asked by Kb Aulakh | 27th Apr, 2015, 11:49: PM
The electric field due to a infinite plane sheet is
Hence, the force experienced by a charge q placed near the sheet is
Now, the electric field due to a infinite metal plate is
Hence, the force experienced by a charge q placed near the plate is
Therefore, we get
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 28th Apr, 2015, 10:55: AM
- two Two charged particles of the equal charges are placed 1 metre apart. The initial acceleration of each of them is 1 metre per second if there are equal mass is 10 10 raise to minus 3 find the charge on each of them.
- An air-core capacitor is charged by a battery. After disconnecting it from the battery, a dielectric slab is fully inserted in between its plates. Now, which of the following quantities remains constant? A) Energy B) Voltage C) Electric Field D) Charge
- What will be the solution of Sin(3x) = 1/2 in the interval (pi, 2pi)
- Please explain that how can we make a body positively charged by earthing
- from electrostatics, volume charge distribution is when charge is uniformly distributed over the volume. Does it mean the charge is through out volume means inside the conductor also. As per me charge stays only on surface not inside the conductor than how volume charge distribution makes sense ?
- From class 12 electro statics. Why insulater get polarised when they are near to charged body when there is no free electron in insulater? as small piece of paper get polarised and gets stick to charged comb ???
- Good afternoon sir, Sir could you provide me all the definitions and derivations of Physics of class 12 CBSE board
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number