(a) On digging a hole in the ground near a water body, we find the soil to be moist. Why?
(b) How can we pump out the water in the aquifers?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 16th Apr, 2013, 10:48: AM
(a) The moisture in the soil indicates the presence of underground water.
(b) Water in the aquifers can usually be pumped out with the help of tube wells or hand pumps.
Answered by | 16th Apr, 2013, 12:48: PM
- depletion of water table is due to
- How can groundwater be replenished?
- In an artesian spring, the water flows through a. The cracks b. The bed rock c. More than one spring d. The water table
- Q-1 What cause depletion of under groundwater?
- What is the effect of concretization on the ground water levels?
- What do you understand by aquifer?
- Which two natural forces may deplete the water table?
- What is infiltration? How does it occur?
- What do you understand by water table? Name the factors that affect water table.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number