A no is increased by 20%.by what per cent the new no is decreased so that the no restores the original value?
Asked by vickysinghrajput9315 | 22nd Oct, 2018, 10:42: PM
let the no. be x
increasing by 20% it becomes 1.2x
now to reduce it from 1.2x to x, that is by 0.2x
we need to reduce it by 0.2x/1.2x × 100=16.667%
Answered by Arun | 23rd Oct, 2018, 03:45: PM
- If water expands by 6% of its volume as it freezes. How much ice can be required to obtained from 160m³ of water
- In an election between two candidates one candidate received 55% of the total votes and wins the election by 12000 votes find the total number of votes secured by the defeated candidate
- In an entrance exam, 21% of the candidates passed. If a total of 3150 candidates passed the examination ,find the total number of candidates that appeared in the examination
- A carpet cost is Rs 12000. It is sold to a shop at profit of 15%. The shopkeeper sell it to a customer at a profit of 10%. Find the price of customer pays for the carpet.
- Convert each of the following into fraction Q1 3.6%Q2 250%
- Suman deposites rupees 2500 in a bank.If this is 25%of her monthly income,then find her monthly income.
- In a leading school of a city 700 student went to an excursion in 2017 while from the same school 840 students went in 2018 what is the percentage of increase the people
- Jackson invested rs 20000, he invested a part of it at 12% and the rest at 10%, his annual income from these investments is 2280 rs. How much did he invest at each rate?
- Which is the largest among
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number