A no. is chosen at random, find the probability that the digit at the unit’s place is: 1. 9 2. a non- zero multiple of 3 3. a non- zero even no. 4. an odd no.
Asked by jovanjotsingh950 | 7th Jan, 2022, 08:33: PM
Units place can be filled with the numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, ..., 9
Probability that the unit's place has 9 is given by P(A) = 1/10
Non-zeroe multiples of 3 are 3, 6, 9, 12, ...
Probability that the unit's place has a non-zero multiple of 3 is given by P(B) = 3/10
Non-zero even numbers are 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, ...
Probability that the unit's place has a non-zero even number is given by P(C) = 4/10 = 2/5
The odd numbers are 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, ...
Probability that the unit's place has an odd number is given by P(D) = 5/10 = 1/2
Answered by Renu Varma | 11th Jan, 2022, 10:21: AM
- if the events happen then probability of
- A survey at a university was conducted among 880 students. Of these, 500 identified themselves as "smokers". Compute the empirical probability that a randomly selected student is not from a "smoker".
- In making a math project, a teacher found out that 26 people took two to three hours, 14 people took three to four hours and 10 people took more than four hours to complete a particular assignment. What is the experimental probability that the assignment can be done in less than four hours?
- 12 packets of salt, each marked 2 kg, actually contained the following weights (in kg) of salt: 1.95, 2.02, 2.06, 1.98, 2.03, 1.97, 2.04, 1.99, 1.985, 2.025, 2.00, 1.98 Out of these packets one packet is drawn at random. What is the probability that the chosen packet contains more than 2 kg of salt?
- In the past 50 cricket matches between two teams A and B, team A had won 29 matches. What is the experimental probability that in the next cricket match between the two teams, team A will lose?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number