(a) Name three agents of seed and fruit dispersal.
(b) Which type of seeds gets dispersed by water? Give an example.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
(a) Wind, water and animals are the agents of seed and fruit dispersal.
(b) The fruits or seeds dispersed by water usually develop floating ability in the form of spongy or fibrous outer coat. Example - Coconut.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- Name the reproduction method of Xanthium and cockle Burr
- From which part of flower do the below parts develop:(a) Fruit(b) Seeds
- What is hybridisation?
- Name the following:(i) Two hard fruits.(ii) The protective structure enclosing the embryo.
- What would happen if all the seeds of a plant were to fall at the same place and grow there?
- Give two examples each of:(a) Fruits which are fleshy and juicy.(b) Seeds dispersed when fruits burst with sudden jerks
- Mention two ways in which plants get benefit by seed dispersal.
- Diagrammatically represent any three seeds which are dispersed by wind.
- (a) What do you understand by seed dispersal?(b) What happens to the seeds when fruits burst with sudden jerks?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number