A nail has 2metre square at one end,1/100m^2 and at the other end. a force of 1000g. weight is applied on the first end calculate the pressure avthing on the wall? Value of g=10m/sec^2
Asked by ramadevi.vasi123 | 17th Feb, 2020, 06:30: AM
The area of first end of nail is 2 m2
Area of other end is 1/100 = 10-2 m2 = 0.01 m2
Force applied = 1000 gwt = 1000 × 10 = 10000 N ...(Since, g =10 m/s2)
Pressure is applied at first end. This means other end whose area is 0.01 m2 is in contact with the wall.
Thus, the pressure acting on a wall is
P = Force/ Area = 10000/0.01 = 1000000= 106 N/m2
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 17th Feb, 2020, 10:34: AM
- The pressure of the inflated balloon is less or greater than the atmospheric pressure? Why? Explain.
- what is pressure
- A car has a weight of 8000N. The car is supported by 4 tyres. The weight on each tyre is equal. The area of one tyre in contact with the ground is 150 cm2 . Calculate the pressure that one tyre exerts on the ground. Show your working and give your answer in N/cm2 .
- 4. You are given the following masses and volumes for various blocks of materials. The mass of 1cm^ 3 of water is 1g.From them choose which one will float in water? (A)materialW:mass=12g,volume=10cm 3 (B)materialY:mass=30g,volume=28cm 3 (C)materialX:mass=22g,volume=20cm3 (D)materialZ;mass=12g,volume=13cm3
- what does pressure depend on?
- 5 applications on atmospheric pressure
- State the characteristics of liquid pressure?
- How vaccum can be created on Earth
- why does a truck have more wheels
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number