A monochromatic point source of light O is seen through a rectangular block ABCD. Paths of 2 rays in and outside the block are shown in the figure below . (a) Does monochromatic source appear to be nearer or farther, with respect to surface AB? (b) How does the shift in (a) depend upon the thicness AB of the slab ? (c) justify your answer in (b) with an appropriate diagram ? (d) For the same rectangular block which colour from the visible spectrum will produce maximum shift ? ( PLS DEAER EXPERTS ANS ALL 4 PARTS WITH CLEAR DIAGRAM URGENTLY )
Asked by Vikas | 8th Aug, 2016, 10:45: PM
(i)The source will appear nearer to the surface AB.
(ii) The shift increases with increase in the thickness of side AD of the glass block. However, there is no effect on the shift with the increase in thickness of side AB.
We can see from the figure that with increase in the thickness of the glass the shift OO' increases.
(iv) Shift of violet colour would be maximum.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 9th Aug, 2016, 11:41: AM
- define the term dispersion of white light. name the colour of light which bends the most.
- 1.A student observes below phenomenon in the lab as a white light passes through a prism. Among many other colors, he observed the position of two colors: red and violet. (A)What is the phenomenon called? (B)What is the reason for violet light to bent more than the red light? (Ref to: image 1) 2 points Add File
- explain. why angle of incidence= Angle of emergence ?
- Why light rays do not bend or refract when they meet the glass slab perpendicularly? (Pls ans theoratically and dont say it is bcs i is 0)
- please explain refraction through glass slab
- explain why pool of water apper to be less dept then its actually is with diagram
- sir. What happens when incident ray falls on the surface of a glass slab? what is angle of incident and angle of refraction? Draw the diagram in this case?
- what happens when a red light passes through a prism?
- what is angle of deviation?
- , glass prism is able to produce a spectrum when white light passes through it but a rectangular block of same transparent glass does not produce any spectrum why
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number