A meter long tube open at one end with a movable piston at the other end shows ressonance with a fixed frequency source ( a tuning fork of frequency 340Hz) when the tube length is 25.5cm or 79.3 cm. estimate the speed of sound in air at the temperature of the expperiment. the edge effect may be neglectd.
Asked by pragyanshree mishra | 5th Mar, 2015, 09:44: AM
Frequency of the turning fork, ν = 340 Hz.
As the given pipe is attached with a piston at one end, it will behave as a pipe with one end closed and the other end open.
Such a system produces odd harmonics.
The fundamental note in a closed pipe is given:
Length of the pipe, l1=25.5 cm = 0.255 m
Answered by Faiza Lambe | 5th Mar, 2015, 10:54: AM
- Pls solve.
- 26th sum
- 24th sum
- 18th sum
- 4th sum plz
- What are standing waves? Why are they so called?
- What do you mean by an open organ pipe?
- Write four properties of stationary waves.
- Write four points of difference between progressive waves and stationary waves.
- The third overtone of a closed organ pipe is found to be in unison with the first overtone of an open pipe. Find the ratio of the lengths of the pipes.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number