A lawn is 80 m long and 30 m wide. Through the centre of the lawn, two paths, each 2 m wide, intersect each other at right angle. Find the area of the remaining portion of the lawn.
Asked by helloajayhello | 25th Jan, 2019, 03:38: PM
Assuming the lawn to be rectangular in shape,
the area of this lawn will be = length x breadth (width) of the lawn
Area of the lawn = 80 x 30 = 2400 m2
Through the centre of the lawn, two paths of 2 m width intersect each other at right angles
That means those paths will be in the form of two rectangles,
the first one of 80 x 2
and the other will be of 28 (30-2) x 2 ... (Because these two paths intersect each other internally)
Area of path 1 = 80 x 2 = 160 m2
Area of path 2 = 28 x 2 = 56 m2
Area of remaining portion of the lawn will be = 2400 - (160+56) = 2400- 216 = 2184 m2
Answered by Science Mate | 25th Jan, 2019, 04:19: PM
- Qns. 1
- Length of the fence of a trapezium shaped field ABCD is 120m. If BC=48m,CD=17m andAD=40m find the area of this field. Side AB is perpendicular to the parallel sides
- A floral design on the floor of a building consists of 2800 tiles. Each tile is in the shape of a parallelogram of altitude 10cm and base 14cm. Find the area of the floor covered by the floral design.
- the area of a rectangular field is 3a squared+5ab+2b squared.one of its sides is (a+b).find the lenght of the fence around the field. the area of one face of a cubicle water tank is 14400 sq.cm .if the tank is full,how many 3 litre bottles of water can be filled from this?
- The shape of a garden is rectangular in the middle and semi circular at the end.Find the area and perimeter of this garden
- In exchange for a square plot of land one of whose sides is 84m, a man wants to buy a rectangular plot 144m long and of the same area as square plot. Determine the width of rectangular plot.
- Find the area of following trapezium.
- Find the area of the following quadrilateral ABCD, where the length of diagonal AC = 8 cm and the length of perpendiculars DP and BQ are 4.5 cm and 3.5 cm respectively.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number