a labourer is engaged for 20 days on the condition that he will receive 280 rs for each day he works and will be fined 60 rs for each day he is absent. if he recieves 2540 rs in all, for how many days did he remain absent?
Asked by singhaprajita7144.7sdatl | 27th May, 2020, 04:12: PM
Let the number of days he worked be x.
Number of days he didn't work will be 20-x.
Money received for each day's working = Rs. 280
Rs. 60 deducted for each day in case he is absent.
According to the question,
280x - (20-x)60 = 2540
280x - 1200 + 60x = 2540
340x = 2540 + 1200
340x = 3740
x = 11
No. of days he worked = 11
Hence, the number of days he remain absent is 20-11 = 9
Answered by Renu Varma | 27th May, 2020, 06:20: PM
- 5\11 and 4/4 adding
- If 4 is added to four times a number, the result is 10 more than three times the number. Find the number
- The sum of two numbers is 80 and the greater number exceed twice the smaller number by 11.Find the Number
- 5 time a number is 75 write equation for the statement
- Solve 3x +7 = 35- x and check your answer
- Question is in the picture
- Add two times a number with three times the same number?
- there are some 50 paisa and some 25 paisa coins in a bag. if the total number of coins is 30 and their total value is 11rs , find the number of coins of each kind.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number