•A jogger runs in a straight line with
–an average velocity of 5 m/s for 4 min.
–an average velocity of 4 m/s for 3 min.
•What is the total displacement?
•What is the average velocity during this time?
Asked by bossyshiba | 1st Dec, 2021, 07:20: AM
Displacement in 4 minutes with speed 5 m/s = speed × time = 5 m/s × 4 min × 60 s/min = 1200 m
Displacement in 3 minutes with speed 4 m/s = speed × time = 4 m/s × 3 min × 60 s/min = 720 m
Total displacement in 7 minutes = ( 1200 + 720 ) m = 1920 m
By assuming all displacements in straight line , we get average velocity as
Average velocity = Net displacement / time = 1920 m / ( 7 min × 60 s/min ) = 4.57 m/s
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 1st Dec, 2021, 09:37: AM
- A car travels a distance 200m on a straight road in 2 minutes and then returns to the starting point in 4 minutes it's average speed is
- what is numerical ratio between velocity and speed
- If a man walk at a speed of 10 km/h, then find the distance traveled by the man in 5 hours?
- the velocity of a particle moving along x axis is given by v=x2 - x, where x is metre and v in m/s what is its position when velocity is minimum
- The distance between mumbai to delhi is 1384. A train starts from Mumbai at 4pm and reaches delhi at 10 am the next day.What is its average speed?
- the motion by body is described by the equation v=at square find the distance travelled by the body in the first 2second
- a man travels on a straight road from his home to the bank with a uniform speed of 18km/h for 10s and then travels with a uniform speed of 36 km/h for next 20 s on a straight road from bank to market. the average speed of the man for the whole journey is
- Derive an expression for average velocity and instantaneous velocity for the motion of an object in x-y plane.
- Particles moves a certain distance In a staright line as follows first 1/4th at V° next 1/2th at 2v2 last 1/4 th at v0 find avg speed
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number