A hall is 25m long and 18m wide. A path 1.5m wide is constructed around it. Calculate the cost of cementing at the rate of rupees 20.50 per square metre
Asked by sonidevi7481881387 | 31st Dec, 2019, 08:48: PM
Length of the hall = 25 cm
Breadth of the hall = 18 cm
A path 1.5 wide is constructed around the hall
Length of the hall including path = 25 + 1.5 +1.5 = 28 cm
Breadth of the hall including path = 18 + 1.5 +1.5 = 21 cm
Total area = 28 x 21 = 588 cm2
Area of the hall = 25 x 18 = 450 cm2
Area of the path = Total area - area of the hall = 138 cm2
Cost of cementing = 138 x 20.50 = Rs. 2,829
Answered by Renu Varma | 1st Jan, 2020, 11:18: AM
- Through a rectangular field of length 90m and breadth 60m two roads are constructed which are parallel to the sides and cit each other at right angles through the center of fields . if the width of each road is 3m , find : 1) area covered by the roads. 2) the cost of constructing the roads at the rate of 110/- per meter.
- The area of a parallelogram is 192 sq. cm. If the length of its base is three times its height, find the base length.
- The area of rectangular garden of length 40cm, is1000 sqm . Find the breadth of the garden and it's perimeter . The garden enclosed by 3 rounds of fencing, leaving an entrance of 4m. Find the cost of fencing the garden at a rate of 250 rupees per meters.
- The cost of fencing a square field at 16rs per meter is 32000 find cost of ploughing the field at 25rs per 100m square
- FIND AREA OF 11GM IF BASE=10CM HEIGHT IS 8CM
- The adjacent sides of a parrallelogram are 12 CM and 6 CM. The height corresponding to side is 8 CM. Find the area and altitude corresponding to the base
- Find the breadth and area of the given perimeter of rectangle. perimeter=8m Length=80cm
- Four napkins all of the same size were made from a square piece of cloth of length 1m . What length of lace will be required to trim all four sides of all the napkins?
- find the area in hectare of a square field whose one side measures 175 M .
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number