(a) Give three important features of fossil fuels which has helped in the study of evolution.
(b) How does taxonomy support evolution ?
Asked by pdcavita | 28th Dec, 2017, 08:31: PM
(a) Three important features of fossil fuels are:
i- Fossils provide us to know any link between different species of organisms.
ii-Fossils help in establishing evolutionary traits among organisms and their ancestors.
iii-Fossils help in establishing the time period in which organisms lived.
(b)The system of taxonomy is based on evolutionary and genetic differences. Evolutionary relationships are reflected in taxonomy. Taxonomy is an artificial, hierarchical system showing categorical relationships between species based on specific defining characteristics. Each level within the taxonomic system denotes a greater degree of relatedness to a particular organism if it is closer in the hierarchical scheme. Taxonomy such as evolutionary taxonomy helps to classify organisms on the basis of ancestral relationships. It also gives the detail of evolutionary changes as well as the progenitor-descendant relationship.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 29th Dec, 2017, 10:45: AM
- Which was the first organism on the earth?
- what is molecular phylogeny ?
- Speciation and their factor defination
- What factors could lead to the rise of a new species?
- What are the factors that help in the creation of a new species?
- Note on lamarckiam
- Write short note on. Lamarckism
- Why Mesozoic era is called golden period of reptiles?
- Define micro evolution and speciation
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number