A force of 40 Newton acts on a object at an angle of 45 degree with horizontal as a result the object is displaced horizontally through a distance of 14 metres calculate the work done by the force on an object
Asked by Rakhiuppal1982 | 21st Sep, 2019, 08:31: PM
F = 40 N
θ = 45 degree
s = 14 m
W = Fs cosθ
W = 40 × 14 cos 45º
W = 40 × 14 × 0.707= 395.92 J
Thus, work done on an object to move it by a distance of 14 m is 396 J (approax.)
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 22nd Sep, 2019, 01:29: PM
- A car of mass 2 kg is moving with speed of 10m/s. Calculate work done to stop it ?
- painting is work or not
- Work done does not depend on the distance travelled. Give reason.
- When work is said to be done?
- How do you know that some entity is a form of energy ?
- Person A move from ground to third floor of his house through lift and person B do the same job with staircase who has done more job give reason
- in displacing a body 5 metre by a force of 50 Newton the work done is 125 joule find out the angle between the direction of force and displacement
- What is work done?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number