a flash of gun is seen by a man 3 seconds before the sound is heard .calculate the distance of the gun frim the man.(speed of sound in air is 332 m/s)
Asked by rajivjoshigoldtech | 10th Mar, 2017, 08:34: PM
A flash of gun is mainly seen because of the reflection of the light followed by the light reception of the human eyes.
This indicates that the event actually seen was travelling with the speed of light which is .
time of seeing the flash = t
time at which the sound is heard = t+3
we know that
distance travelled by light of the flash = distance travelled by the sound wave ... (a hypothetical assumption for this numerical)
The above substraction in the LHS is quiet negligible, therefore it remains unchanged.
Distance of the gun from the observer = speed of light
Therefore the distance of the gun from the observer is 996 m.
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 11th Mar, 2017, 08:39: PM
- Difference between intensity and loudness
- Does plants affected by sound or not
- Soundwaves of wavelength X travel from a medium in which velocity is Vm/s into another medium in which if velocity is 3m/s, what is the wavelength of sound in the second medium?
- How SONAR and ultrasonic sounds are different from each other?
- Would the speed of sound on a warm day be different from the speed of sound on a cold day? If yes what would be the difference?
- An airplane produces a sound wave with frequency of 5 KHz and wavelength 30 m. In how much time would the sound wave cover the distance of 4 Km?
- Wavelength of a siren in air is 1.2m. And if same siren is blown under water it has wavelength 6 m in water. Find the velocity of sound in water, if the speed of sound in air is 330 m/s.
- Do the medium particles have permanent displacement in wave motion?
- How the frequency of wave is related to its time period?
- Draw the figure of sound wave and show its crest, trough, amplitude (A) and wavelength λ.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number