(a) Explain the events which take place during photosynthesis.
(b) Which test is done to prove presence of starch in leaves?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 24th Jul, 2017, 04:24: PM
(a)Photosynthesis takes place in the following three steps:
(i) Absorption of sunlight energy by chlorophyll.
(ii) Conversion of light energy into chemical energy, and splitting of water into hydrogen and oxygen using light energy.
(iii) Reduction of carbon dioxide by hydrogen to form carbohydrate like glucose by utilizing the chemical energy.
(b) Iodine test is done to prove the presence of starch in leaves. The starch present in leaves give blue-black colour with iodine solution.
Answered by | 24th Jul, 2017, 06:24: PM
- Which organism is capable of self nourishment
- How are the food stuffs and their nutrient contents useful for body
- In photosynthesis how atp and nadph is formed and how light energy is capture from sunlight
- What is the function of ADP and ATP ?
- How is food transported in plants? Explain in detail.(5mks)
- Hello Mam, Please clear my doubt, We place a water plant - a hydrilla in a beaker of water and place a funnel over it which is closed by an test tube.This is now placed below a source of light. Now from the beaker the plant releases oxygen gas. With the same apparatus when we add afew drops of baking soda to the water,there is a sudden increase in number of gas bubbles coming out. Why is it so? Thank You
- Define the term cellulose.
- In activity 6.1 class 10 ncert ,why they have removed or utilised starch and then created by photosynthesis again.Why did not they directly took leaf and did the experiment.
- How do parasitic organism derive thier nutrition?
- Photosynthesis in an aquatic plant was measured by counting the number of O2 bubbles coming out of the cut end of the plant. What will happen to O2 production if you use a pipe blow air from your mouth into water in the beaker?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number