(a) distance between delhi and agra is 200km. atrain travels thefirst 100km at the speed of 50km/h. how fast must the train travel next 100 km so as to average 70km/h for the whole joueney?
(b) ona 120 km track, a train travel the first 30 km at speed of 30 km/h how fast must the train travel the next 90km so as to average 60km/h for the entire tip?
Asked by ahujarajesh11 | 14th Jun, 2015, 03:22: PM
Time taken to travel first half distance = 100/ 50 = 2 hrs
Time taken to travel second half distance = 100/v
Average speed = 200/ (2 + 100/v)
70 = 200/ (2 + 100/v)
2 + 100/v = 20/7
100/v = 20/7 - 2 = 6/7
v = 100 * 7/6 Km/h
v = 700/6 km/h
NOTE: Kindly ask the other query as a separate query
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 15th Dec, 2017, 11:47: AM
- solve please
- A bicycle accelerates from a speed of 2m/s to 10m/s in 8s . What is its average speed?
- How to convert 0.9 seconds to hour
- what is SI in motion
- A car travels a distance of 360km in 5 hours. what will be the speed in m/s?
- a person travels a distance of 120 km in 5 hours.calculate the average speed in m/s.
- is initial velocity denoted by ' u '
- What is mean by velocity
- When the distance travelled by an object is directly proportional to the time it is said to travel with .....
- A body is dropped from a height of 49m. Find the time taken by to reach the ground?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number