a copper wire is held at the two ends by rigid supports.At c the wire is just taut<with negligible tension. if Y=1.2XN/,=1.6x and =9.2x,then the speed of transverse waves in this wire in this wire at c is
Asked by Akanksha Mishra | 22nd Mar, 2015, 05:33: PM
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 23rd Mar, 2015, 12:28: PM
- The velocity of the wave in of sound depends on bulk modulus and density of the medium derive the formula of velocity
- The diameter of an iron wire is 1.20mm. If the speed of the transverse wave in the wire be 50.0m/s , what is the tension in the wire ? The density of iron os 7.7 × 10 raise to 3 k/ m cube
- 2nd sum
- 9th sum
- 19th sum plz
- Answer 23rd ques plz
- What is propagation constant (k)?
- Define longitudinal wave motion. What are the essential conditions required for the formation of longitudinal wave motion?
- Define transverse wave motion. What are the essential conditions required for the formation of transverse wave motion?
- A narrow sound pulse (for example, a short pip by a whistle) is sent across a medium. (i) Does the pulse have a definite (a) wavelength, (b) frequency, (c) speed of propagation? (ii) If the pulse rate is 1 after every 20s (i.e the whistle is blown for a split second after every 20s), is the frequency of the note produced by the whistle equal to 1/20 = 0.05 Hz?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number