A compressed spring has a tennis ball of mass 0.5 kg attached to it. The spring is then released which sends the ball moving on a horizontal surface, with a sped of 2m/s-1. What is the elastic energy of the compressed spring?
Asked by khushdab | 23rd Apr, 2020, 02:20: PM
When the spring is released all the potential energy stored in the compressed spring gets converted to kinetic energy.
By using principle of consvervation of energy,
Total energy = Potential energy + Kinetic energy
P.E. = K.E.
Thus, the elastic potential energy when spring was compressed is 1 Joule.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 23rd Apr, 2020, 07:23: PM
- kinetic energy and potential energy in vertical motion
- exercise 2 q. 4
- q 4 sdecond part
- what is conservation of mechanical energy
- The bob of a simple pendulum is released from rest from one extreme end of a vertical height of 2cm above its mean position.Assuming 60% loss in energy, find the velocity of the bob at its mean position.
- What is meant by conservation of mechanical energy
- we say that energy can neither be created nor be destroyed so if it can not be created , then from where the energy comes
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number