A compass needle placed just above a wire in which electrons are moving towards west , will point in which direction?
Asked by Isha Yadav | 20th Jun, 2014, 05:38: PM
The electrons in the wire are flowing towards west. Hence, the current is flowing towards east.
According to right hand thumb rule, the magnetic field will point from north to south above the wire.
Hence, if a magnetic needle is placed above the wire, it will point towards south.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 21st Jun, 2014, 01:08: PM
- describe an activity to plot the magnetic field around a straight current carrying conductor
- if the current is flowing in the diretioning of magnetic field lines
- what is magnet
- Please answer
- What is a positive test charge?
- what is ampere swimming rule
- what is a magnetic field
- With the help of a diagram of experimental setup describe an activity to show that the force acting on a current carrying conductor placed in a magnetic field increases with increase in field strength.
- describe an activity to show magnetic field lines around a current carrying circular conductor
- All questions
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number