A coin is tossed 100 times in which head is obtained 40 times. On tossing the coin at random ,find the probability of getting head and tail.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 13th Oct, 2014, 04:16: PM
Total number of trials = 100
Number of times a head comes up = 40
Number of times a tail comes up = 100 - 40 = 60
probability of getting a head =
probability of getting a tail =
Answered by | 13th Oct, 2014, 06:16: PM
- what is probability??
- what is mean
- A survey was taken on 30 classes at a school to find the total number of left-handed students in each class. The table below shows the results: No. of left-handed students 0 1 2 3 4 5 Frequency (no. of classes) 1 2 5 12 8 2 A class was selected at random.Find the probability that the class has 2 left-handed students.
- A survey was taken on 30 classes at a school to find the total number of left-handed students in each class. The table below shows the results: No. of left-handed students 0 1 2 3 4 5 Frequency (no. of classes) 1 2 5 12 8 2 A class was selected at random the probability that the class has at least 3 left-handed students
- A dice is thrown 200 times and the outcomes are noted as shown below:- Outcome 1 2 3 4 5 6 Frequency 20 40 30 40 20 50 Find the probability of getting 3 as outcome.
- A dice is thrown 200 times and the outcomes are recorded as shown in given table: Outcomes 1 2 3 4 5 6 Frequency 20 50 30 60 20 20 A class was selected at random. Find the probability of getting an odd number.
- In a survey of 200 boys it was found that 85 like chocolates while 115 dislike it. Out of these boys, one boy is chosen randomly. What is probability that the chosen boy likes chocolates?
- In a cricket match ,a batsman hits a boundary 6 times out of 90 balls he plays. Find the probability that he hits a boundary.
- A bag has 12 balls colored yellow, blue, green and red. The number of balls of each colour is the same. A ball is drawn from the bag. Calculate the probability of drawing a yellow ball, a blue ball, a green ball and a red ball.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number