A coil of area 0.5 m² is situated in a uniform field B = 2 Wb/m² and the normal to the plane of the coil makes an angle of 60° with respect to the magnetic field. Find the magnetic flux through the area A.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 7th Jul, 2015, 08:38: AM
A = 0.5m²
B = 2 Wb/m²
θ = 60°
cos 60° = 1/2
Φ = BA cos θ = 0.5 × 2 × 1/2= 0.5 weber.
Answered by | 7th Jul, 2015, 10:38: AM
- The value of magenetic field produced by coduction current and displacement current are equal at the edges ofor capacitor or not?
- Suppose this page is perpendicular to a uniform magnetic field and the magnetic flux through it is 5 wb. If the page is turned by 30 degrees around an edge the flux through it will be: 1. 5.0 wb 2. 4.3 wb 3. 10.0 wb 4. 2.5 wb 5. 5.8 wb
- Why displacement current is induced in a coil by change in magnetic flux produced by another coil in vicinity?
- What is magnetic flux?
- Write an expression for the magnetic flux linked with the surface?
- What is the units of magnetic flux? How are they related? Is magnetic flux a scalar or vector quantity?
- A circular coil and a bar magnet placed nearby are made to move in the same direction. If the coil covers a distance of 2 m in 1 sec and the magnet a distance of 4 m in 2 sec. calculate the induced emf produced in the coil.
- Enlist the factor on which the magnetic flux linked with the circuit depends.
- When is the magnetic flux linked with the circuit (a) maximum and (b) minimum?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number